The Lion Project aims to provide support and assistance to a single grandmother who is caring for her two special needs grandchildren, aged 6 months and 20 months. Both children were born with health issues as a result of addiction, and the service project aims to create a healthy and nurturing environment for them to grow and thrive. The project will focus on refreshing her living space, enhancing organization, creating personal space, and connecting her to essential resources such as nutrition, vitamins, and stress relief.
- Organizational Enhancement: The project will focus on improving the organization of the living space to ensure a clean, safe, and clutter-free environment for the grandmother and her grandchildren.
- Personal Space Creation: The grandmother will be provided with a designated personal space where she can relax and rejuvenate, ensuring her well-being and mental health.
- Healthy Environment for Children: The living space will be optimized to cater to the specific health needs of the special needs grandchildren, ensuring their comfort, safety, and overall development.
- Resource Connection: The grandmother will be connected to essential resources for nutrition, vitamins, and stress relief, ensuring she has the necessary support to care for the children effectively.
- Assessment: Conduct a thorough assessment of the current living space, identifying areas that require improvement for organization and safety.
- Redesign and Organize: Redesign the living space to optimize functionality and organization, including child-proofing measures and storage solutions.
- Personal Space Creation: Allocate and set up a designated personal space for the grandmother, ensuring it promotes relaxation and emotional well-being.
- Health Support: Collaborate with healthcare professionals to address the specific health needs of the special needs grandchildren and implement necessary adaptations.
- Resource Connection: Establish partnerships with local organizations and support groups to provide the grandmother with access to nutrition resources, vitamins, and stress relief services.
- Week 1-2: Conduct initial home assessment.
- Week 3-4: Collect household donations, monetary donations, and other items that can make this house a home.
- Week 5: Service Project takes place
- Week 7-8: Follow up video
To be determined upon house visit.
- A well-organized and safe living space for the grandmother and her grandchildren.
- A designated personal space for the grandmother, promoting her well-being.
- Improved access to essential resources, including nutrition, vitamins, and stress relief services.
- Enhanced knowledge and skills for the grandmother in caring for her special needs grandchildren.
The Lion Project aims to make a significant positive impact on the life of Raeleen, a single grandmother and her two special needs grandchildren. By improving their living space, providing resources, and enhancing the grandmother’s well-being, we can contribute to the health and happiness of this family. Your support and funding will be crucial in making this project a reality and creating a better future for these children. Together, we can make a lasting difference in their lives.